Overall Facility Practices & Protocols
Below are practices and protocols that all guests must comply with when visiting each facility. Additional protocols not listed below may be in place at each facility. Programs will be modified to meet occupancy, distancing, and other requirements in accordance with CDC, local, state and federal policies and guidelines.
- To attend any session, you must register online here.
- All participants must have an updated, signed waiver on file.
- In order to ensure the safety of our guests and employees, in consideration of being allowed to use The Rinks and Great Park Ice facilities, each time a participant arrives at the facility to participate in a session, he/she (his/her guardian) will be asked to certify certain information pertaining to COVID-19, which may include the following:
- The participant does not have, and has not had in the last 14 days, a fever over 100.4 degrees;
- The participant is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (including, but not limited to, a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle aches);
- The participant has not had close contact within the last 14 days with an individual infected with COVID-19, suspected of being infected with COVID-19 or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms; and
- The participant shall not enter the facility if any of the above is true.
- If a parent/guardian will not be present at the facility when a participant checks in for a session, please contact your specific rink in order to electronically sign the certification within 2 hours of the start of the participant's session.
- All guests and participants must adhere to facility policies at all times.
- All guests will be required to wear face coverings throughout the facility at all times, including while on the ice - no exceptions
- There will be no public skating or birthday party programming at this time
- Guests should not enter the facility if they are experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, have been exposed to anyone suspected of having or diagnosed with COVID-19, or are not comfortable being in a public place or otherwise at the facility
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the facility. Please wash and/or sanitize your hands often and follow other recommended hygiene practices
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitization process. A dedicated team will continually disinfect players benches, restrooms, and common areas throughout the day. Enhanced cleaning does not replace the importance of and need to practice good hygiene and social distancing.
Effective Wednesday, September 1, 2021
The LA County Department of Public Health released revised youth sports guidelines yesterday which replace the prior issued guidelines. These protocols effect only teams that practice at Lakewood ICE. In accordance with these revised guidelines, the following goes into effect on Wednesday, September 1st:
- COVID-19 Testing
- All participants, coaches and other team staff that practice at Lakewood ICE are required to either (1) be fully vaccinated or (2) obtain a COVID-19 test at least once per week.
- The following are required for proof of vaccination:
- Photo ID, and
- Vaccination card or photo of vaccination card
- Additionally, those who had COVID-19 within the 90 days do not need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test during such 90-day period. The following are required for proof of a previous COVID-19 infection:
- Photo ID, and
- Paper or digital copy of positive COVID antigen or PCR test taken within the last 90 days
- If you receive a positive COVID-19 test, please contact your coach immediately.
- Face Coverings
- All participants are required to wear a face covering indoors, including while participating in the sport, regardless of vaccination status.
- All coaches and spectators are required to wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- COVID-19 Screening
- All guests are required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering Lakewood ICE. Please do not enter if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
For Jr. Ducks/Lady Ducks Teams:
A testing site will be set up at Lakewood ICE on Thursday evenings from 6pm-8pm starting on September 16th. Please bring your insurance card. These tests are available at no cost to players/parents. Please send your negative COVID-19 test result every week to Bridget Hopkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no testing site at Great Park Ice.
For Rinks Programming: In House
A testing site will be set up at Lakewood ICE on Thursday evenings from 6pm-8pm starting on September 16th. Please bring your insurance card. These tests are at available at no cost to players/parents. Please send your negative COVID-19 test result every week to Vince Valles at email@example.com. There will be no testing site at Great Park Ice.
You are welcome to obtain a COVID-19 PCR or antigen test at other locations as well.
We will continue to keep your health and safety our main priority and will update you if guidelines change.