Game Format & Rules
- Check-In All players must check in with hockey staff prior to the game.
- USA Hockey Rules (Head Contact Rule: 2min plus a 10 min misconduct for any contact to another players head)
- Player/Team Stats- Suspensions and stats are accessible through our website. Please check Point Streak for the most updated schedules, standings, suspensions and player eligibility.
- Three (14) minute periods-stop time (League reserves the right to adjust period length due to ice schedule).
- Face off Locations- Nine (9) Dot NHL Rule (76.2 Face-off Locations)
- Warm up- 5 minutes- Music played during warm up, and between stoppages of play. (NHL Style)
- Time outs- One 30-second time-out per team.
- Zero tolerance - Fighting- two game suspension-Repeat offenders will be reviewed by league to determine expulsion from all Rinks hockey programs.
- Zero tolerance - Verbal abuse to officials/league administrators or conduct detrimental to the game will result in league suspensions and will be reviewed by league for possible expulsion from all Rinks hockey programs.
- Jersey Rule- All players must have matching socks & numbered matching jerseys. Any player not in compliance is subject to receive a 10-minute misconduct and/or removal from team roster. Please bring this to the attention of hockey staff prior to the start of the game.
- Excessive penalties- (5) in a game will result in additional game misconducts. Players with excessive penalties will be reviewed by league for possible expulsion from all Rinks hockey programs.
- Tie Games: Three-Player Shoot-Out (NHL Style) Each team will select three shooters; if the game is still tied one player from each team will shoot until a winner is determined. (Tie games will result in one (1) point for each team, winner of shoot-out will receive an additional (1) point.
- Team Payment Rosters-All Players must play in half of the regular season games to be eligible for playoffs.
- Individual Payment Rosters-All players must have their individual fee paid to be eligible to participate.
- Sub Fee Individual Team Payments: $35 Sub Fee. Subs must play in half of regular season games to be eligible for playoffs. See attached for complete Sub Policy Guidelines.
- The league reserves the right to move any player at any time that is too strong for a division.
Tie-Breakers & Point Streak Season Standing
Most points, wins, head to head, fewest penalty minutes. (PTS, W, H2H, PIMS) * Effective in new 2018 season.
Illegal Players: A player who is not properly registered is considered an illegal player. If your name does not appear on the Point Streak roster (www.PointStreak.com) you are not registered. Any team that uses an illegal player will be subject to league discipline, including; forfeit, captain/player suspensions and team ineligibility for league playoffs.
Checking & Safety: (All adult league divisions at The-Rinks are non-checking)
If a blatant and obvious body-checking penalty is assessed, the offending player will receive a minimum (5) minute major. A Game Misconduct or Match penalty may also be assessed if the severity of the hit warrants further disciplinary action.
Match Penalty: 30-Day USA Hockey & League suspension pending review: League reserves the right to levy suspensions up to and including league expulsion. All Match Penalties will be reviewed by league and www.CAHA.com
Suspension/Misconducts: **Players who play on two or more teams MUST serve the suspension in the division they received it before participating in any other league game. (Note) In all cases where a game misconduct is assessed, the incident shall be reported to league administrators who have the power to impose additional suspensions. NO REFUNDS. Please check Point Streak for the most updated suspensions and player eligibility.
Registration & Sub Policies
- All players must create their own Rinks account.
- All players must have USA Hockey Membership and a current Rinks account.
Team Payment Policies:
- One Payment for full amount made by captain or team sponsor
- Multiple payments made by different players towards the team balance
Team payment roster may carry a minimum of 8 and maximum of 20:
- A player is locked on your roster after playing one game
- ALL players/goalies must register on the website prior to participation
- Players on your roster MAY NOT share jerseys or numbers
No Refunds will be given to any individual on a Team Payment roster
Discounts DO NOT apply to Team Payments
Sub Policy Guidelines-Individual Paid Team Rosters
- All subs must have a current Rinks account.
- ICE Subs must have a current USA Hockey Membership.
- Sub fee: To be paid prior to game to Hockey Staff/Lead/Box Office (Sub fee receipt attached to scoresheet/log and signed off by Hockey Staff/Lead).
- ICE $35 per game. (No discounts)
- Subs must be the appropriate skill level. All subs must be pre-approved by league with a 24-hour notice to appropriate league/hockey staff.
- All sub players listed as Subs rosters and listed in scoresheet notes and check in prior to each game.
- Subs can only sub in on one team in the same division.
- All Subs must comply with uniform rules (Team jersey etc.)
- Subs must play in half of regular season games to be eligible for playoffs.
- Sub fees are not transferable towards future prorated league fees.
- Subs and players that receive misconducts or excessive penalties will be reviewed by league to determine eligibility within The Rinks hockey programs.
- Sub Goaltenders-No fee, although require same registration and appropriate rink membership.
Questions? See Below for League Contacts
Adult Hockey Coordinators
The Rinks - Anaheim ICE: Jon Mainberger JMainberger@the-rinks.com 714 535-RINK “0”
The Rinks - Lakewood ICE: Amber Hall AHall@the-rinks.com 562-429-1805 “0”
The Rinks - Yorba Linda ICE: Brad Sherrick BSherrick@the-rinks.com 714-514-2723
The Rinks - Hockey Department
The Rinks, Hockey Manager: Vince Valles VValles@the-rinks.com 562-429-1805
The Rinks, Director of Hockey: Rick Hutchinson email@example.com 714-518-3211