Day & Time
- 9:20 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.
- Academy Camp open for skaters level Basic 6-Free skate 6 or Jumps 1-3. Focus on jumps, spins and edges.
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Learn to Skate Camp open to skaters of all Learn to Skate levels
- 9:20 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.
- January 16
- January 23
- January 30
Registration for all January Camps will open on Monday, January 4th at 5:00 p.m.
Camp Length: 75 minutes
Check-In - 9:20 a.m. - 9:35 a.m.
On-Ice - 9:35 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.
- 20 minutes - Edge Class
- 20 minutes - Jumps Class
- 20 minutes - Spin Class
LEARN TO SKATE:
Check-In - 10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
On-Ice - 10:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- 15 minutes - Station 1
- 15 minutes - Station 2
- 15 minutes - Station 3
- 5 minutes - Dance off Party!
- 10 minutes - Supervised Practice
Note: Groups will be divided by level / age
- $32 per camp
Age & Level: Camps are open to ages 6 & up
- Skaters must be able to properly fall down, stand up, march, and glide on their own to participate in a camp
- If you are not able to confidently complete the above skills, we recommend starting with a private lesson. To schedule a private lesson, please contact Skating Manager, Kelly Desjardins
- Please note: Staff cannot have physical contact with skaters due to COVID restrictions, so it is imperative that skaters can stand up on their own. Groups will be divided by skill level and age
- If your skater is below age 6, able to meet the above requirements, and would like to sign up, please contact Skating Manager, Kelly Desjardins
With over 23 years on the ice, 12 years directing and coaching in Tulsa, Oklahoma and new member to The Rinks family in Southern California, my passion is sharing the love of the sport to all ages and levels both on and off the ice."
Shari is the Skating School Lead at Yorba Linda ICE. Shari is a USFS Double Gold Medalist. Shari has over 30 years coaching experience with all levels of skaters.
Alex is a USFS National Technical Specialist, PSA Master-Rated, an Olympic-Level Choreographer and has loved every minute of coaching for the past 20 years. Alex also serves as PSA President and member to five USFS committees
If you would like to receive information on our learn to skate class program once we are able to restart classes, please join our LEARN TO SKATE INTEREST LIST.
For more information, contact:
Lakewood ICE Program Office
562.429.1805 ext. 6233
Lakewood ICE Skating Manager – Kelly Desjardins
The Rinks Figure Skating Director – Alex Chang